These are HeatElec Terms & Conditions. They tell you:
- The rules for using our services
- What you can expect from HeatElec
- Your rights and responsibilities
- When These Terms Apply
The latest version always applies, and we’ll usually only make updates when we offer a new service, change how we provide a service, or have to comply with a new legal requirement.
- What Do We Mean by “Services”?
Anything offered by HeatElec, across all the trades we cover (Plumbing, Heating, Bathrooms, Electrics, Emergencies and Commercial):
- Project Work
- Emergency Call Outs
For the purpose of these terms & conditions the following words have the following meanings:
- “Us/We/Our” refers to HeatElec.
- “You” refers to you: the customer (the person or organisation for whom we agree to carry out work and/or supply or materials).
- “Tradesperson/tradespeople” refers to the representative(s) appointed by HeatElec to carry out work.
We reserve the right to refuse or decline to undertake any work. We reserve the right, at our absolute discretion, to designate the tradesperson/tradespeople who will represent us.
- Hourly Rate Work
The total charge to you will consist of the cost(s) of:
- Labour (the amount of time spent by the tradesperson carrying out work) including all reasonable time spent in obtaining non-stocked materials, charged in accordance with our current hourly rates.
- Materials supplied by us (not exceeding the trade purchase price of materials +10% mark up).
You will only be charged for the time spent related to your work. All other time, i.e. lunch breaks, is non-chargeable. All charges are subject to no VAT.
- Fixed Price Work
The total HeatElec charge to you will be given as a firm cost (manifest errors exempted), inclusive of labour & materials, and will be within 10% over the equivalent total hourly rate cost.
Where a written quotation has been supplied to you, the total charge outlined in the quotation should not exceed the actual time taken, but may be revised in the following circumstances:
- If, after submission of the quotation, you instruct us (in writing or verbally) to carry out additional work not referred to in the quotation.
- If, after submission of the quotation, there is an increase in the price of materials.
- If, after submission of the quotation, it is discovered that further work needs to be carried out which were not anticipated when the quotation was prepared.
- If, after submission of the quotation, it is discovered that there was a manifest error when the quotation was prepared.
- Requirement of a detailed Insurance Report (in addition to the quotation and invoice) will incur a nominal charge of £25.00.
We will not be under any obligation to provide a quotation to you and will only be bound by quotations given in writing to you and signed by an authorised representative. We will not be bound by any quotation given orally or in which manifest errors occur.
- Material Collection
Collection of non-stock items is chargeable, however:
- Time taken will be kept to a minimum and within reason.
- If the collection time is likely to exceed 45 minutes you should be additionally informed of the circumstances.
- Only one tradesperson is permitted to leave the job to collect required materials/parts.
- Invoices & Payment
Upon your agreement for us to carry out estimated or Pre-Booked work, a deposit payment of 20% of the total is payable immediately.
Upon completion of work you will be invoiced, for which payment is due on receipt. HeatElec reserves the right to accrue and charge interest on any part of an invoice which remains unpaid at a rate of 2% over the Bank of England base rate until payment is received by us in full.
HeatElec require all invoices to be paid in full within 14 days of the invoice date.
You accept sole liability to make payment in full, unless you disclose when initially instructing us, to carry out work and/or supply materials that you are acting on behalf of a third party.
Where the date and/or time for work to be carried out is agreed, we will use reasonable endeavour to ensure that the tradesperson attend accordingly.
We will not be liable for any delay, or for the consequences of any delay, in performing any of our obligations if such delay is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control, and we will be entitled to a reasonable extension of the time for performing such obligations.
If you need to cancel (or rearrange) your booking, you must notify us (preferably by telephone) by the end of the working day before the scheduled booking. Cancellations made further in advance should also be made by telephone, and you should request written confirmation from us, so that you are not liable to be charged.If you cancel your instructions more immediately prior to work being carried out, or materials being supplied, you will be liable for reasonable costs incurred by us.
HeatElec are committed to providing professional, top quality service to every customer. If, after we have carried out the work, you are not wholly satisfied with our service(s).We ask you to try and inform us within 12 months.
We then would like to be given the opportunity to amend the issues that you have with the work.
For your peace of mind, we provide a 12 month guarantee on labour carried out by a HeatElec tradesperson, in respect of faulty workmanship only. This is active from the date of completion of work, in addition to any manufacturer’s warranty/warranties.
The guarantee will become null & void if the work/appliance completed/supplied by us is:
- Subject to misuse or negligence.
- Repaired, modified or tampered with by anyone other than a HeatElec tradesperson. We will accept no liability for, or guarantee suitability, materials supplied by you & will accept no liability for any consequential damage or fault unless caused by our negligence. We will not guarantee any work in respect of:
- Blockages in waste or drainage systems.
- The company is unable to guarantee any work in respect of blockages in central heating, or water supply pipe-work or their fittings.
- Any work undertaken on instruction from you and against the written or verbal advice of the tradesperson.
- All existing pipe-work, fittings and accessories are not included in any guarantee offered by HeatElec arising from any defects they incur or faults they produce.
Work is only guaranteed in respect of work directly undertaken by us and full payment having been made. Any non-related faults arising from recommended work which has not been undertaken by us will not be guaranteed.
Where we agree to carry out work on installations of inferior quality (or over ten years old) no warranty is given in respect of such work and we accept no liability in respect of the effectiveness of such work or otherwise.
We will only be liable for rectifying our own guaranteed work, and will not be held responsible for any ensuing damage or claims resulting from other work overlooked or subsequently requested and not undertaken at the time.
We will not be held liable or responsible for any damage or defect resulting from work not fully guaranteed, or where recommended work has not been carried out. Work will not carry a guarantee where you have been notified by the tradesperson either verbally or indicated in ticked boxes or in our comments/recommendations.
We shall not be held liable for any delay, or consequences of any delay, in performing our obligations if such a delay is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control and we shall be entitled to reasonable time extensions.
We will be entitled to fully recover the costs or damages from any tradesperson whose negligence or faulty workmanship makes us liable to pay for those damages or rectification of work.
You will be solely liable for any hazardous situation in respect of the Gas Safe Regulations or any Gas Warning Notice issued by a HeatElec tradesperson. Our tradespeople operate under their own individual Gas Safe Registration and, as such, are solely responsible for any gas related work and subsequent liability.
- Title to Goods
Goods supplied and delivered by us to you, or your premises, shall remain our property until paid for by you in full. Whilst goods remain our property, we have the absolute authority to:
- Sell or otherwise deal with or dispose of all or any part of these goods.
- Seek a court injunction to prevent you from selling, transferring or otherwise disposing of such goods.
The risk in such goods will pass to you on delivery to you. You must insure them at replacement value, and if asked you must produce evidence that they are properly insured.
These terms and conditions may not be released, discharged, supplemented, interpreted, varied or modified in any manner except by an instrument in writing signed by a duly authorised representative and you. Our terms and conditions will prevail over any terms and conditions used by you or contained, set out or referred to in any documentation sent to us by you. By entering into a contract with us you agree irrevocably to waive the application of any of these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights to redress under the consumer rights act 2015.
These terms and conditions, and all contracts awarded between us and you, shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Law.
We always endeavor to provide the best service and products for our customers. However, on rare occasions, we recognize that there may be times where our customers may not be completely satisfied.
To ensure we are able to put things right as soon as we can, please read our complaints procedure below and we will respond promptly to ensure complete satisfaction.
As soon as possible after the completion of the works, please inspect the work to ensure everything has been carried out to our usual high standards.
In the unlikely event there is anything you are not completely satisfied with, please contact us as soon as you can in order that we can rectify any problems as soon as possible.
Either call us on 07960 954944
Or write to us at
29 Oakdene Road,
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP3 9TS
(please request proof of receipt if posting)
We aim to respond within 2 days of receiving your complaint and where possible, will provide you with a date to remedy any issues raised.
Where we are unable to resolve your complaint using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted trader we use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event that we cannot remedy your complaint to your satisfaction you may wish to refer your complaint to them. If you wish to do so please contact Which? Trusted traders in the first instance on 0117 456 6031.